Trash, Math, and Expeditions - The Week in Review

Good evening from Maine where it was a balmy 43F today. It was a perfect day for a hike in western Maine. There's something about the fresh air that invigorates my body and mind. A walk in the woods almost always inspires new blog post ideas in my mind. Today, was not an exception to that pattern. Look for an exciting new guide to download in PDF format next week.

This week I hosted the fourth session of my Teaching History With Technology course. I offered the course twice this fall because of demand for it. I'm also going to be offering it in January along with two other professional development courses. You can learn more about them here.

These were the week's most popular posts:
1. 250 Google Tools Tutorials for Teachers
2. Reminder - Empty Your Google Drive Trash Bin
3. Speakd - Listen to Your Google Docs
4. Math is Visual - Videos Demonstrations and Illustrations
5. Try Pexels Videos to Find Green Screen Backgrounds
6. Free Math Lesson Plans from NASA
7. Introduction to Using Google Expeditions in Your Classroom

Three Online PD Courses Starting in January
I'm offering three professional development courses to start 2019. Discounted early registration is now open for:
Book Me for Your Conference
I’ve given keynotes at conferences from Australia to Alaska for groups of all sizes from 50 to 2,000+. My keynotes focus on providing teachers and school administrators with practical ways to use technology to create better learning experiences for all students. I like to shine the light on others and so I often share examples of great work done by others as well as my own. Send an email to richardbyrne (at) freetech4teachers.com book me today.

Please visit the official advertisers that help keep this blog going.
Practical Ed Tech is the brand through which I offer PD webinars.
TypingClub offers more than 600 typing lessons for kids.
Storyboard That is my go-to tool for creating storyboards.
University of Maryland Baltimore County offers a great program on instructional design.

Seterra offers a huge selection of geography games for students. 


from Free Technology for Teachers https://ift.tt/2GiPS3Z

Comments